Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ON NOT BEING SHOT AT THE MOVIES: FADING GIGOLO

For the first time since Curtis Reeves shot and killed Chad Oulson at a local movie theatre, I went to see a movie at a Florida public theatre last Saturday. I wanted to see John Turturro's new film, Fading Gigolo, so much I was willing to risk life and limb in downtown St. Petersburg. I even had popcorn!

Featuring Woody Allen, Sharon Stone, Liev Schreiber, Sofia Vergara, and Vanessa Paradis, I laughed out loud until I cried. Turturro wrote, directed and starred in this wonderful New York-based film. Even his diner breakfast order was a symphony of New York.

The best part, no one pulled out a gun and shot me.  Thank goodness for little miracles here in my adopted state.  Who knows?  Maybe I will try it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment